Just want to share a Tip: if you are planning to monitor Exchange 2010 from Microsoft SCOM, You have to create a test user to start Exchange Monitoring.
This user needs to be created in each AD site where Exchange exists.
To achieve this you have to RUN New-TestCasConnectivityuser.ps1
- Open the Exchange Management Shell.
- In the Shell, change directory to the C:\ Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts
- Run the test-user script using the following command:
4. Follow the on-screen installation instructions in the Shell to create the test mailbox. You’ll be prompted to enter a temporary secure password for creating test users. You’ll also be prompted to specify the Mailbox server where you want the test user created.
5. Repeat this process on an Exchange 2010 Mailbox server in each Active Directory site that you want to test.
Unfortunately below error is received while creation :
Mailbox could not be created. Verify that OU ( Users ) exists and that password meets complexity requirement
To resolve this error edit the script in notepad & remove
-OrganizationalUnit:$OrganizationalUnit parmeter from below line.
new-Mailbox -Name:$UserName -Alias:$UserName -UserPrincipalName:$UserPrincipalName -SamAccountName:$SamAccountName -Password:$SecurePassword -Database:$mailboxDatabaseName -OrganizationalUnit:$OrganizationalUnit -ErrorVariable err -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
Run the script again , it should run fine & user/mailbox for SCOM monitoring will get created.